Friday, July 4, 2008

http:BL wordpress plugin

I am the wordpress user, and i used to have lot of spam message, junk massage sent to my inbox through the contact us, comments of the posting. Deleting become part of my daily job. Until i found the WP-SpamFree to assist me in blocking the spam message. Beside this, I recently found another plugin called as http:BL wordpress plugin in that might assist us from people or bot that abuse our weblogs and websites, just for fun.

What does this plugin can do?
It actually allows user to verify IP addresses of clients connecting to your blog against the Project Honey Pot database.

With the help of the plugin's API, user can quickly check whether your visitor is an email harvester, a comment spammer or any other malicious creature. Communication with verification server is done via DNS request mechanism, which makes the query and response even quicker.

This plugin also potentially to protect any clients that are denied from accessing your blog and therefore abusing it. It is very interesting plugin, if got time, probably i will try it to install on my wordpress powered blog.

No comments: